The flat terrain of the Täsch valley floor is perfect for beginners and those seeking a gentle cross-country skiing trail. The trail winds its way to the clubhouse at the golf club before heading back to Täsch parallel with the railway line. If you fancy a longer route, there are several options for adding on extra circuits. For example, shortly after the Aparthotel Monte Rosa, you can cross the street; this extra loop heads up to the highest point of the trail in Täsch and includes a thrilling descent. Further along the valley, at the golf club, you can either turn back towards Täsch or cross the Vispa river and do a circuit there.
If you’d like more challenging terrain with ascents and descents, head for the Randa trail.
- Depending on the snow conditions, the Täsch and Randa trails are linked together.
- The trail in Täsch can be reached from Zermatt in 12 mintues by rail.
- There are two difficulty levels: easy (Täsch) and medium (some of the Randa trail)
- Changing facilities, lockers and toilets are available in the Matterhorn Terminal Täsch.
- Equipment can be rented at the Matterhorn Terminal in the "ZERMATTERS Nordic Center Täsch".