Schwarzsee - Stafel
This winter hike goes quite close to the Matterhorn and directly under the mighty North Wall.
- Type Winter hiking
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 1,00 h
- Distance 2,8 km
- Ascent 0 m
- Descent 385 m
- Lowest point 2200 m
- Highest point 2583 m
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
Do not forget a camera or smartphone, because a picture of the steep Matterhorn North Wall alone is worth the trip in any case.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.