Schwarzsee - Schönbielhütte - Furi
The trail to the Schönbiel hut is full of variety; the view from the hut of the north face of the Matterhorn is breathtaking.
- Type Hiking trail
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 5,50 h
- Distance 19,8 km
- Ascent 558 m
- Descent 1277 m
- Lowest point 1860 m
- Highest point 2694 m
Schwarzsee - Innerer Stafel (reservoir) - Schönbiel hut - Arbenbach - Stafelalp - Furi
Variation: The trail Stafel - Chalbermatten - Zmutt is currently closed.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
You must take along your camera to make a picture of the impressive, steep Matterhorn north wall.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
Indication: The trail Stafel - Chalbermatten - Zmutt is currently closed.