This hike of some eight kilometres is tough, either way round. As a descent, it puts quite a strain on the knees; anyone hiking it uphill, starting from Furi, is sure to sleep soundly that night. Walked in either direction, the trail promises fabulous views and a wonderful experience.
- Type Regional hiking tour
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 2,30 h
- Distance 7,6 km
- Ascent 171 m
- Descent 1228 m
- Lowest point 1864 m
- Highest point 3030 m
Trockener Steg - Gandegg hut - Furgg - Furi
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 3h 40)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
You have a wonderful view of the Gorner glacier and well as the lower Theodul glacier from the Gandegg hut.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.