A chapel, beautiful bridges and an enchanted winter forest like no other: the Zermatt Circular Trail offers this and more.
- Type Winter hiking
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 2,00 h
- Distance 6,5 km
- Ascent 198 m
- Descent 198 m
- Lowest point 1602 m
- Highest point 1761 m
Zermatt (train station) – Blatten – Moos – Findelbachbrücke – AHV Weg - Zermatt (train station)
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 2h)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
It is worth it to look down from the wooden bridge between Blatten and Moos, because impressive ice walls are often formed during cold weather.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.