Randa - Kinhütte
In this region above Randa, names of geographical features such as Wildkin and Wildibach hint at the wild nature of the landscape. It’s no surprise that this walk up to the Kin hut is also wild and beautiful.
- Type Regional hiking tour
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 3,30 h
- Distance 6,6 km
- Ascent 1215 m
- Descent 45 m
- Lowest point 1408 m
- Highest point 2582 m
Randa (station) - direction Höüuschbiel - Grüengarten - Kin hut
(Hiking time for the way back: approx. 3h)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Enjoy a glimpse of the rare Edelweiss flowers. The Kin Hut is located in a fantastic, rugged mountainscape.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre at Randa station.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.