The panorama reflects the topography: the valley floor is deep, the mountains all around extremely high. The views of the Breithorn and Klein Matterhorn are enchanting. A good opportunity to observe the mountain forest close up.
- Type Hiking trail
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 1,25 h
- Distance 4,4 km
- Ascent 274 m
- Descent 274 m
- Lowest point 1434 m
- Highest point 1584 m
Täsch (station) - Ägerte - Mettelbrücke - Mettelzug - Rafwald - Schopftschuggen - Täsch (station)
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 1h 25)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Make a stop at the brigde Mettelbrücke where you can find a “Schweizer Familie” fireplace and enjoy roasting a Cervelat.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre near Täsch station.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
- Beware: railway crossing