The Lärchenweg (Larch Trail) leads across alpine pastures, along sparse forest that is home to numerous gnarled and ancient Swiss stone pine trees and tall larches. The theme trail is devoted to the nutcracker, an emblematic local bird species.
- Type Theme trail
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 1,40 h
- Distance 4,4 km
- Ascent 62 m
- Descent 773 m
- Lowest point 1864 m
- Highest point 2579 m
Schwarzsee - Hermettje - Furi
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 2h 25)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Ideal trail for observing wild animals, especially chamois and nutcrackers.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.