This path leads to many of the highlights of the Zermatt mountains. Delightful sights include the reflection of the Matterhorn in the surface of the Stellisee lake.
- Type Regional hiking tour
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 1,45 h
- Distance 5,4 km
- Ascent 118 m
- Descent 638 m
- Lowest point 2527 m
- Highest point 3087 m
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 2h 15)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Look out for the star of the mountain floral world, the edelweiss (July/August).
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.