This varied walk leading past the hamlet of Wildi reveals measures local people have taken to protect themselves from nature, which can often show her wilder side.
- Type Hiking trail
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 1,45 h
- Distance 4,4 km
- Ascent 414 m
- Descent 414 m
- Lowest point 1408 m
- Highest point 1803 m
Randa (station) - Kreuz - Wildi - Randa (station)
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 2h)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Near the wooden cross above Randa, you can relax and then picnic while dreaming on the meadows.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre at Randa station.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.