A quiet road leads from Furi down to Zermatt. A stroll in the pleasant shade of the larch trees can lead to some delightful surprises!
- Type Hiking trail
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 1,10 h
- Distance 4,9 km
- Ascent 91 m
- Descent 347 m
- Lowest point 1608 m
- Highest point 1865 m
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 1h 40)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
An obstacle-free hike, which is also suitable for wheelchair users.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
Note: The road is occasionally used by agricultural vehicles, so keep an eye and ear open for possible traffic.