The Dorfwaldweg (Village Forest Path) offers new arrivals a perfect opportunity to get acclimatised, and is also ideal for walks with children.
- Type Hiking trail
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 1,20 h
- Distance 4,5 km
- Ascent 233 m
- Descent 233 m
- Lowest point 1408 m
- Highest point 1586 m
Randa (station) - Forststrasse - Randa (station)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Visit the chapel “Wildi”. Well suited for families.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre at Randa station.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.