The tour leads through a Swiss stone pine forest, where these ancient, gnarled trees along with larches line the snowshoe path. The objective is to find the Findeln hamlet, which is famous for its mountain restaurant and its inviting sunny terraces.
- Type Snowshoeing
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 1,20 h
- Distance 3 km
- Ascent 83 m
- Descent 239 m
- Lowest point 2026 m
- Highest point 2238 m
Riffelalp - direction Grünsee - Findeln
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 1h 40)
Tip: You can also make a detour to the lake Grünsee with restaurant.
- Good, waterproof footwear
- Hiking poles
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
Start the hike early in order to be able to enjoy the sun in the hamlet of Findeln for a longer period of time.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
The snowshoe trails can be tackled without a mountain guide. Beware: they are not prepared in any way and are not controlled daily; nor are they secured from natural hazards such as avalanches or rockfalls. For safety, check the weather forecast and current avalanche bulletin.
All snowshoeing is at one’s own risk.