Edelweiss, gentian, different orchids: numerous rare alpine flowers grow along this botanical path. Depending on the course of the weather, the blossoms along this trail can change quickly, to the delight of nature lovers.
- Type Theme trail
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 2,10 h
- Distance 3,9 km
- Ascent 868 m
- Descent 144 m
- Lowest point 1608 m
- Highest point 2333 m
Zermatt (station) - Trift (extension possible via the trails Edelweissweg or Wisshornweg)
(Hiking time for the walk back: approx. 1h 30)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Camera with close-up lens
Allow plenty of time: the variety of flowers is tremendous.
Extension possible via the trails Edelweissweg or Wisshornweg.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.