Bike tour Stafel - Schönbielhütte (Nr. 26)
The Schönbielhütte is a popular starting point for hiking tours in the area. However, it’s much easier to reach by bike, rather than on foot. The view from the hut of the north face of the Matterhorn is amazing.
- Type Mountainbiking
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 1,40 h
- Distance 6,3 km
- Ascent 518 m
- Descent 22 m
- Lowest point 2199 m
- Highest point 2694 m
Stafel - Schönbielhütte
Variant 1: Zermatt - Furi - Stafelalp - Schönbielhütte
Variant 2: Schwarzsee - Stafelalp -Schönbielhütte
- Bike in excellent working order
- Helmet, gloves and (trail) bell
- Repair kit in case of any defects
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and drink
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.