Bike tour Oberer Höhenweg (Nr. 30)
The majority of this route is not technically challenging, but you need a head for heights.
- Type Mountainbiking
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 0,35 h
- Distance 5,9 km
- Ascent 29 m
- Descent 320 m
- Lowest point 1963 m
- Highest point 2288 m
Sunnegga - Furggegga - Wildi - Findeln - Oberer Höhenweg - Patrullarve
- Bike in excellent working order
- Helmet, gloves and (trail) bell
- Repair kit in case of any defects
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and drink
Some people say that on this route you have the best view of the village and the Matterhorn. When you reach the outermost point of the rockface, Zermatt lies beneath you.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.