Bike tour Kelle (Nr. 2)
This route is suitable for experienced mountain bikers, as the single-track path winds its way down some steep slopes and includes a few serpentines. It is one of the most difficult routes in the destination Zermatt – Matterhorn. If you are brave enough to take your eyes off the trail for a second, you’ll see some stunning views.
- Type Mountainbiking
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 0,35 h
- Distance 8,8 km
- Ascent 72 m
- Descent 1326 m
- Lowest point 1764 m
- Highest point 3089 m
Gornergrat - Kelle - Ze Seewjinen - Lauberen - Findelbach - Alm (-Moos-Trail)
- Bike in excellent working order
- Helmet, gloves and (trail) bell
- Repair kit in case of any defects
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and drink
At Findelbach, you can cross the river and stop off in Findeln. If you want to stop earlier, there is also the option of the Mountain Lodge Ze Seewjinu.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.