Bike tour Gornergrat Classic (Nr. 1)
Here, one highlight is quickly followed by another - first, you enjoy the fantastic views on the Gorner Glacier, then admire the reflection of the Matterhorn in the Riffelsee. You pass these natural wonders on flowy and technical trails – guaranteed fun and an unforgettable adventure.
- Type Mountainbiking
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 0,40 h
- Distance 11,7 km
- Ascent 5 m
- Descent 1490 m
- Lowest point 1600 m
- Highest point 3089 m
Gornergrat - Riffelberg - Riffelbord - Riffelalp - Chämihittaweg - Furi - Zermatt
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.
The best time to do this route is on a beautiful summer’s evening. When the sun starts to dip behind the mountains, you have the trails practically to yourself.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).