Bike-Tour Zermatt - Riffelalp
This bike trail reveals a beautiful and highly diverse mountain landscape around Zermatt. The route leads through forests, across alpine pastures and up to former glacial landscapes.
- Type Mountainbiking
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 3,00 h
- Distance 16,8 km
- Ascent 971 m
- Descent 372 m
- Lowest point 1609 m
- Highest point 2384 m
(followed by a ride on the Gornergrat Bahn to Zermatt or returning along the same route via Riffelboden, etc.)
- Bike in excellent working order
- Helmet, gloves and bell
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and drink
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.