This route from Stafel via Kalbermatten and Zmutt to Zermatt is a surprisingly winding single-track trail. There are some extreme sections towards the end, so it's a route that's only suitable for mountain bikers with a head for heights.
- Type Mountainbiking
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 1,00 h
- Distance 9,3 km
- Ascent 83 m
- Descent 680 m
- Lowest point 1605 m
- Highest point 2223 m
Stafel - Chalbermatten - Zmutt - Herbrigg - Bodmen - Zermatt Station
- Bike in excellent working order
- Helmet, gloves and bell
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and drink
After a few flowy kilometres you reach the hamlet of Zmutt, where a short stop at one of the two restaurants is recommended if you want to indulge yourself culinarily.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.