Bike-Tour Schwarzsee - Zermatt
Highlights of this leisurely ride include mountain scenery full of contrasts with numerous attractions and restaurants along the way. Perfect for a relaxed outing with friends or family.
- Type Mountainbiking
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 1,00 h
- Distance 12,7 km
- Ascent 226 m
- Descent 1171 m
- Lowest point 1633 m
- Highest point 2579 m
- Bike in excellent working order
- Helmet, gloves and bell
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and drink
Bring binoculars: in August and September, mountaineers can be seen climbing the Hörnligrat ridge on their way to the summit of the Matterhorn.
The mountain landscape around Zermatt, with 38 summits above 4,000 metres, offers breathtaking panoramic views and is home to a wealth of fauna and flora.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.