This route is suitable for experienced mountain bikers, as the single-track path winds its way down some steep slopes and includes a few serpentines. It is one of the most difficult routes in the destination Zermatt – Matterhorn. If you are brave enough to take your eyes off the trail for a second, you’ll see some stunning views.
- Type Mountainbiking
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 0,40 h
- Distance 5,9 km
- Ascent 108 m
- Descent 922 m
- Lowest point 2019 m
- Highest point 2941 m
Obere Kelle – Untere Kelle – Ritz - Grünsee – Berter - Findeln Ze Gassen - Findeln Bord
- Bike in excellent working order
- Helmet, gloves and bell
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and drink
It is worthwhile to take your eyes off the trail from time to time and to admire the beautiful surroundings. With a bit of luck you might discover grazing game or, for example, an edelweiss.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.