This hike through the forests above Täsch is certainly steep, but also offers a good chance of spotting wild animals. Perhaps even an eagle…
- Type Regional hiking tour
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 4,10 h
- Distance 9 km
- Ascent 937 m
- Descent 937 m
- Lowest point 1423 m
- Highest point 2249 m
Täsch (station) - Arigscheis - Schalenäbi - Schali - Täsch (station)
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 4h 10)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
When you reach your destination, you will find a cross on the summit along with a small hut. From this point, you have a wonderful view of the valley and the mountain group on the other side.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre near Täsch station.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
- Beware: railway crossing