360° Loop Gornergrat
The Gornergrat is one of Switzerland’s top excursions with good reason. This short circular route lets visitors experience the magic of the Gornergrat and the impressive scenic panorama.
- Type Hiking trail
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 0,20 h
- Distance 0,5 km
- Ascent 18 m
- Descent 18 m
- Lowest point 3112 m
- Highest point 3130 m
Around the viewing platform on Gornergrat
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
There are free Viscopes available on the viewing platform, which is where the high-altitude hiking trail starts and ends. These are viewing telescopes which display information, such as the names of mountains, villages and trails, in the user’s field of vision. Enjoy exploring the Gornergrat!
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.