The weekend of 6-7 July 2019 is all about mountain running. On Saturday, the traditional Gornergrat Zermatt Marathon will take place. Starting in St. Niklaus, the 42.195 km route covers 1,469 metres of ascent before reaching the finish in Zermatt on the Riffelberg. If you would like extend the route, you can continue on to the Gornergrat (3,089 m).
This year, Sunday will also see the 2019 European Mountain Running Championships for runners selected by their associations.
It will be a really special weekend for spectators. On Friday evening, the event kicks off with a Pasta Party in the Festzelt on the Obere Matte. On Saturday, the opening ceremony takes place from 5:00 pm, moving to Kirchplatz for a concert by the local music society “Musikgesellschaft Matterhorn”. The highlight of the evening is a concert by Stromsstoss Orgeler from 8:00 pm in the Festzelt. Sunday’s closing ceremony will be the culmination of an amazing weekend.
The Mountain Running Weekend Package enables you to be right in the middle of it all, either as a spectator or as a supporter. Cheer the runners on and experience the race atmosphere close up.
Included in the Guest Package:
- Accommodation (hotel or holiday apartment)
- Return Zermatt - Gornergrat ticket (hop-on / hop-off)
- Participation in the fringe events in the Festzelt on the Obere Matte
- Meals in the Festzelt on Saturday or Sunday (1 raclette dish and 1 glass of Johannisberg white wine)
Terms and Conditions:
- The Guest Package is bookable for stays of one night or more between 5-8 July 2019.
- More Gornergrat tickets can be purchased here.
- A cancellation or rebooking of overnight accommodations can only be guaranteed in exceptional cases and on request.
- Any upgrades and additional services, such as massages, can be booked directly with the hotel.