For the music-enthusiast guests in Zermatt, this means:
The Experience of Chamber and Orchestra Music at the Matterhorn
- enjoy outstanding chamber music and orchestral works at inviting prices over ten days
- discover the acoustics and atmosphere in special locations throughout the villages, such as the Pfarrkirche St. Mauritius, the Theo-Saal, the English Church, the halls of the partner hotels such as the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof, Hotel Mont Cervin, and Parkhotel Beau-Site
- hear the notes up close with one of the best chamber music ensembles in the world, the Scharoun Ensemble, one of the chamber music ensembles of the Berlin Philharmonic
- watch and listen in during the free, public rehearsals of the Scharoun Ensemble and its 35 highly talented students
- enjoy the classic silent-movie filmed in Zermatt in 1920 by the mountain film pioneer Arnold Fanck, “In Sturm und Eis – Eine Alpensymphonie in Bildern,” in the cinema Vernissage (12 Sept. at 7:30 pm) with musical accompaniment of the work composed by Paul Hindemith. Reservations recommended!
Box Seats in World-Class Concerts
And last but not least, visitors experience great musicians – such as Ton Koopman, Martin Helmchen, Jean-Guihen Queyras, Cristian Budu, Noah Bendix-Balgley and many more – in a personal setting as one rarely finds far away from the great urban concert halls.