Since the middle of June 2018, there’s been a new meeting point for mountain bikers – the Zermatt bike area on Hofmattstrasse doesn't just sell mountain bikes, clothing and accessories, but also hires out a range of equipment and repairs damaged bikes:
- Sells mountain bikes (traditional bikes and e-bikes from a range of brands)
- Sells clothing, accessories, sports watches and GPS by Garmin and bike parts
- Services bikes (for all bikes, including e-bikes)
- Hires out bikes (full suspension, hardtails, e-bikes, children's bikes, etc.)
- Hires out accessories (protectors, helmets, rucksacks and GPS)
The arena also offers bike tours with "Zermatters", the outdoor activity organisers. "Our arena is more than just a shop," says manager Lisa Gründer. After a full day on the trails, mountain bikers can enjoy a beer, a coffee or a slice of cake in the arena. Mountain bike events are also streamed live.
The bike arena is open every day from 0900-1900 hrs.