The journey from Zermatt to the Gornergrat takes just under forty minutes. There is now a photo point at the top. This is ideal for a selfie with the best background of all – the Matterhorn.
After their trip, all Gornergrat Bahn users can download their personalised video for free from www.gornergrat.ch/mymatterhorn. It includes the journey to the Gornergrat and finishes with the selfie that you took at the photo point.
Using the hashtag #mymatterhorn, the film or selfie can then be shared on social media.
How to create "My Matterhorn Movie":
- Buy a Gornergrat ticket (Swiss visitors can load the ticket onto their SwissPass), board the train and ride to the Gornergrat.
- Find the (optional) photo point (to the right of the station building).
- Scan your ticket or SwissPass and take a selfie.
- After your trip, register on www.gornergrat.ch/mymatterhorn using your ticket number (or SwissPass number). The video and optional selfie will be sent to you by email.
- Share the selfie / film on social media using #mymatterhorn