Celebrations for the Swiss National Holiday aren't forgotten in Zermatt - Matterhorn either. It is celebrated in traditional style in the three communities (Zermatt, Täsch, Randa).
Programme 31st July 2018:
- 04.00 - 05.00 pm: Wolli drawing fun on Bahnhofplatz (for children)
- 05.00 - 11.00 pm: Street Party on the Bahnhofstrasse with live music
Programme 1st August 2018:
- 10.30 am - 01.00 pm: Swiss National celebrations at Leisee with a devotion, official adresses, musical entertainment and a small picnic
- In the afternoon: musical entertainment in the village
- In the evening: special menus in the restaurants of Zermatt
- 10.00 pm: festive bell ringing
The official firework of the 1st of August will not take place due to the fire ban in the canton of Valais.
Fire ban - Warning