Breithorn ascentAlpine tour
The Breithorn (4,164 m), with its many summits, is a strong, glaciered mountain crest. The normal climb is considered as one of the easiest routes for climbing a four-thousand metre mountain.
We recommend for this tour to book eventually a mountain guide who knows well the place.
- Climbing boots suitable for use with crampons
- Climbing harness
- 1 ski pole
- Warm weatherproof clothing
- Warm full-fingered gloves and hat
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Thermos flask (approx. 1 litre capacity)
- Snacks (high energy foods such as chocolate, dried fruit, dextrose etc.)
Important! Requirement: good physical condition
Further information and mountain guide agency: www.alpincenter-zermatt.ch
Crampons, climbing harnesses and helmets can be rented in different sport shops in the village.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.