Why is Zermatt unique?
- Unique and breathtaking mountains
- Dry and clear air
- No cars
- 365 days of snow
- 125 hotels, most of which are family-run
- Our trump card: 38 warm and comfortable mountain restaurants with very tasty food
- 155 restaurants in the village with local specialities and all kinds of international cuisine
Wonderful mountain experience
- 400 km of hiking paths
- 100 km of mountain bike paths
- Nordic Walking routes
- 9-hole golf course 1,400 m.a.s.l. at valley level between Täsch and Randa
- Mountaineering and climbing
- Paragliding passenger flights
- 38 mountains of over 4,000 m height
- Unique view out over the mountains from four sightseeing points: Gornergrat, Matterhorn glacier paradise, Rothorn paradise and Schwarzsee paradise
- Europe’s highest aerial lift to the Matterhorn glacier paradise 3,883 m.a.s.l.
- Europe’s highest glacier palace on the Matterhorn glacier paradise
- Highest restaurant in Europe with a separate room for groups 3,883 m.a.s.l.
- Europe’s highest rack railway on Gornergrat 3,089 m.a.s.l.
Fantastic snow experience
- 360 km of prepared ski pistes extending to Italy in winter, over 21 km of summer ski pistes
- 70 km of winter hiking paths
- 4 marked snowshoe routes
- 15 km (Skating) and 10 km (classic) of cross-country ski runs in Täsch-Randa
- Overnight stay in an igloo