New legends trail: a hike into the world of legends
Zermatt knows many legends. The new legends trail that leads along the five lakes explores these traditions. At each lake a pamphlet recounts a legend. Who wants to receive a small gift, has to stamp the prospectus at each of the five spots.
Zermatt legends and stories from bygone times, rooted in the romantic mountain setting. They continue to fascinate us still today, so for summer 2013 a romantic trail has been put in place along the five mountain lakes Stellisee, Grindjisee, Grünsee, Mosjisee and Leisee. At the lakes you can read about the five legends in the pamphlet. The trail is also very suitable for families with children.
So you can find out about the “lost child”, the giant Gargantua or the “flying monster”. Attentive readers also know after the hike why people of Zermatt say that inhabitants of the hamlet Findeln are particularly good dancers.
Mountain railway trip:
Travel by the Sunnegga funicular (from 15 June 2013) to Sunnegga.
Recommended itinerary: Blauherd, Stellisee, Grindjisee, Grünsee, Mosjisee, Leisee.
Just about 3 hours, 7.6 km in length.
Here‘s the way to spend a legendary day:
- Pick up a Legends Trail pamphlet at the guest information centre of Zermatt Tourism at the train station square or at the ticket offices of the Sunnegga or Gornergrat valley stations
- Travel to Sunnegga with the brand new tunnel funicular
- At each lake, read the legend and stamp the corresponding legend on the side of the pamphlet. Check stamps on the spot.
- Present the completely stamped flyer at the valley stations of the Gornergrat, the Rothorn or in the guest information centre of Zermatt Tourism on the train station square, and collect a small gift.
- Participation free of charge