Dirtscooter on SchwarzseeCycling
Dirtscooter riding in Zermatt: high thrills at the foot of the north face of the Matterhorn. These scooters with super-fat tyres are perfect for riding the lanes leading through Zermatt’s alpine pastures. Fun for all the family!
- Dirtscooter with helmet (available for hire at the valley station)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Good footwear
The mountain landscape around Zermatt, with 38 summits above 4,000 metres, offers breathtaking panoramic views and is home to a wealth of fauna and flora.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Take into account participants’ fitness level and ability.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Do not leave the marked routes.
- It is forbidden to ride on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.