The Dom hut (2,940 m) is a mountain refuge run by the Swiss Alpine Club (SAC) and equipped with ultra-modern facilities. Its strategic location makes it a popular choice for ascents of seven of the highest mountains in the Alps.
(Hiking time for the walk back: approx. 2h 45)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Important! A good head for heights, a sure foot and mountain experience are needed
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre at Randa station.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.