Children Under 9 Years Travel for Free
Zermatt-Matterhorn was awarded the “Families Welcome” label. Because the little ones are kings at this destination. Children up to age 9 travel for free on all of the mountain lifts all year long. There are further discounts for youngsters up to age 16.
The Bambinis Free Ski Pass (winter)
- Children up to age 9 ride for free in Zermatt
- The ski pass is issued with a photograph. An official document with the date of birth is necessary.
Wolli Pass (winter)
Price reductions for children and youngsters (provide an official ID). Valid on the following lifts:
- Leisee shuttle
- The ideal ticket for children, who want to take their first ski runs at the Wolli beginner’s park.
Further reductions for children and youngsters (all year)
- Children up to age 16 with an SBB junior or grandchild card travel free on all mountain lifts in Zermatt when accompanied by a parent or grandparent.
- This card is available at all SBB train stations. An official ID must be presented.
- Children benefit from a 50% reduction until they reach age 17.
- In summer, children up to age 6 travel for free on the Gornergrat Bahn and for free up to age 9 on the Zermatt Bergbahnen AG.
Children and Youngsters (winter)
- Up to age 16, children and youngsters ski for free every Saturday in winter.
- This includes entry to the glacier palace on the Matterhorn glacier paradise
Slow and easy is how one skis in the Slow Slopes area. Beginners, children and pleasure skiers feel especially comfortable on these pistes. Rules of conduct apply. The pistes are marked with special signs.
- Pistes 5, 6 and 7 in the Rothorn area
- Piste 38 in the Gornergrat area
- Piste 56 in the Matterhorn glacier paradise area