Via ferrata Mammut - Route AFixed rope route
The Mammut via ferrata (fixed-cable climb) leads high above the roofs of Zermatt. The three sections – A, B and C – require different levels of ability. Route A is suitable for families with children from the age of 10.
Descent: After completing the via ferrata, follow the path back to Zermatt (approx. 20 min).
The map shows the access and return paths as well as the via ferrata itself.
- Strong, suitable footwear
- Clothing suitable for the weather
- Climbing harness, helmet and via ferrata set
- Food and drink
Important! A good head for heights, a sure foot and mountain experience are all needed
Bring drinking water; the rock walls often radiate a great deal of heat.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan excursion carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season. Do not attempt to climb via ferrata in stormy weather.
- Use a full safety-compliant equipment set.
- Take careful account of participants’ ability.
- Via ferrata can also be climbed with a mountain guide.
- Maintain sufficient distance from other climbers.
- Use abseil site only with a mountain guide.
Note: Take note of the weather. On a via ferrata with metal elements, a storm can be deadly.