Arrival by train
Zermatt is car-free. Therefore, it makes the most sense to travel there by train. Comfortably and stress-free. The final destination: Bahnhofplatz Zermatt.
Arriving by train is convenient. And, the train trip is beautiful, because it goes through the deepest cleft valley in Switzerland. Left and right are the highest mountains in Switzerland, including the Täschhorn, Dom and Weisshorn.
- Change to the Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn for Zermatt in Visp
- Departures every half hour
- Narrow-gauge and cog railway from Visp to Zermatt
- Train climbs almost 1,000 m from Visp to Zermatt
- Arrival on the Glacier Express from St. Moritz, Davos and Chur
- Photo tip: at Täsch, view of the Klein Matterhorn and the Breithorn
- Tip: Just before Zermatt, first view of the tip of the Matterhorn for a couple of seconds