Zermatt - SunneggaWinter hiking
This Zermatt winter walk is a dream in white, offering sunshine, the romance of the forest, snowy expanses, sparkling pinnacles, gastronomic treats and breathtaking views.
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 1h 30)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
The mountain landscape around Zermatt, with 38 summits above 4,000 metres, offers breathtaking panoramic views in winter.
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.