Via ferrata Mammut - Route BFixed rope route
The via ferrata (fixed-cable climb) high above the roofs of Zermatt offers three different routes: A, B and C. Route B is often tackled after route A and together with route C.
Descent: After completing the via ferrata, follow the path back to Zermatt (approx. 20 min).
The map shows the access and return paths as well as the via ferrata itself.
- Strong, suitable footwear
- Clothing suitable for the weather
- Climbing harness, helmet and via ferrata set
- Food and drink
Important! A good head for heights, a sure foot and mountain experience are all needed
Take note of the weather. A storm can prove deadly on a via ferrata.
- Plan excursion carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season. Do not attempt to climb via ferrata in stormy weather.
- Use a full safety-compliant equipment set.
- Take careful account of participants’ ability.
- Via ferrata can also be climbed with a mountain guide.
- Maintain sufficient distance from other climbers.
- Use abseil site only with a mountain guide.