Täschalp - Weingartensee
The name of this walk is misleading. The Weingartensee, which means “vineyard lake”, is certainly a lake, but there are no vineyards far and wide. This is a wild and bare landscape, sculpted by the retreating glaciers.
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 4h 45)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Important! A good head for heights, a sure foot and mountain experience are needed
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
Onward journey to Täschalp by taxi or bike. Further information available from the guest information centre near Täsch railway station.
Onward travel to Täschalp: see “Getting there”.