Hiking Tour Taste of ZermattRegional hiking tour
The “Taste of Zermatt” hiking tour proves that hiking and culinary enjoyment both can be combined very well in Zermatt. One goes lightly over hill and dale. Always with the possibility of making an interim stop in a mountain restaurant.
Stage 1: Rothorn - Fluhalp > Duration approx. 1 h
Stage 2: Fluhalp - Stellisee - Grindjisee - Findeln > Duration approx. 1.5 h
The hike can then be continued down to the village afterwards.
(Duration till Winkelmatten approx. 50 min)
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Nevertheless, do not forget to take along water. The mountain air is dry.
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.