EuropawegLong distance hiking trail
Den Europaweg zwischen Grächen und Zermatt halten manche für die schönste 2-Tageswanderung in den Alpen. Die Sicht auf das Bergpanorama inklusive Matterhorn haben ihn weltweit bekannt gemacht.
1. Zermatt - Europahütte (8h)
Sunnegga - Tufteren - Täschalp - until the turnoff for the Kin Hut - Randa village - Europa Hut
2. Europa Hut - Grächen (6h 20)
Note: A section of the Europaweg trail is currently closed. Please check the latest info at this website:
- Good, sturdy footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and water
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.