Bike-Tour Zermatt - SchwarzseeMountainbiking
This ride demands stamina in order to conquer climbs of 1,423 vertical metres. The view of the legendary north face of the Matterhorn provides ample reward.
Variant 1 Descent for technically skilled riders: a wide trail leads to Furgg where it turns into a single-track trail offering technical challenges
Variant 2 Gentler descent: a wide, leisurely trail leads from Schwarzsee via Stafel and Furi to Zermatt
Variant 3 Furi - Zermatt descent: after the Restaurant Alm (Furi), turn left onto a track that rejoins the lane above Moos
Variant 4 Furi – Zermatt descent: at the big corner above Moos, a small single-track trail leads bikers through the forest to the bridge in Winkelmatten
- Bike in excellent working order
- Helmet, gloves and bell
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and drink
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.