Bike-Tour Gornergrat - ZermattMountainbiking
The legendary downhill run from Gornergrat to Zermatt offers everything that mountain bikers could wish for, including fabulous views and a trail full of variety.
(The trail can also be ridden in the other direction, from Zermatt to Gornergrat – some sections steep and difficult, and in places riders have to push or carry their bikes.)
Variant 1: From Riffelboden, riders can continue descending as far as Riffelalp, to catch the cog train either down to Zermatt or back up to Gornergrat.
- Bike in excellent working order
- Helmet, gloves and bell
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and drink
Additional information and recommendations are available from the guest information centre on Bahnhofplatz (by the railway station).
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.