Zermatt: Summer skiing all the way to Italy
With ideal snow conditions and a total of 26 kilometres of pistes in Zermatt and Italy, winter sports afficionados have a lot to look forward to from Saturday, 29 June 2013.
There are first-class winter sport opportunities 365 days a year for pure enjoyment at the Zermatt-Matterhorn resort. Summer skiing makes for a unique experience. It kicks off first thing in the morning with a cable car ride to the highest ski region in the Alps, 3,883 metres above sea level – including a wonderful view of the Matterhorn. As of this coming weekend from Saturday 29th on, the summer ski region at the Rosa Plateau in Zermatt will be linked to Italy‘s Cervinia slopes.
The first cable car on Saturday will set off as early as 6.30 a.m. This experience is unique to Zermatt - nowhere else in the world is it possible to ski in two countries (Switzerland and Italy) in the summertime.
Summer snowsports info
- 26 kilometres of pistes in Switzerland and Italy
- 1,000 metres elevation between Matterhorn glacier paradise (3,883 m) and Trockener Steg (2,939 m)
- Ideal slope and snow conditions
- Snowpark Zermatt opens on 13 July 2013
- Restaurants with sunny terraces in both Switzerland and Italy
For enquiries and interview requests:
Daniel Luggen, Director of Zermatt Tourism, phone 079 337 46 52
Zermatt cable car timetable (as of Saturday, 29 June 2013)