Once in a lifetime: Peak Week Matterhorn
Some events are once-in-a-lifetime adventures. Involving the ascent of the Matterhorn, the most famous mountain of the Alps, the Peak Week Package could be just such an adventure. But there is more …
Many Alpinists dream of climbing the peak of the Matterhorn just once in their lives. In 2014, the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof is presenting a very special week of events for experienced Alpinists: the Peak Week Matterhorn. The offer is only valid during the 2014 summer season. The Base Camp Matterhorn will remain open until 15 September 2015.
Throughout 2014, the Hörnlihütte at the foot of the Hörnligrat on Matterhorn will remain closed for renovation. The re-opening ceremony will take place in July 2015, in time for the 150th anniversary of the first Matterhorn ascent in the year 1865.
The cost of the package is CHF 4,478, one Franc per metre of altitude of the Matterhorn – the adventure of a lifetime.
The package includes
- A total of 3 overnight stays at the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof, including spa treatment
- 1 preparatory tour with a Zermatt mountain guide
- Ascent to the Base Camp Matterhorn, overnight stay in a shelter
- Ascent of the Matterhorn with a Zermatt mountain guide
Physical requirements for the Matterhorn ascent
- Fitness and stamina
- Climbing experience in the high mountains
- Head for heights
- Climbing requirements – category ZS+, III+
- Altitude difference in 2014 to the Matterhorn peak: 1,598 metres
- Total cost: CHF 4,478.